Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Affairs
- All reading programs to be coordinated by Literary Coordinator/Committee.
- The Literary Coordinator/Committee must come up with various reading programs to promote and instill reading habits for the students and the staff.
- The school shall allocate separate timing for reading programs. The following week days will be used for the programs: –
- Saturday- Boarder Students
- Wednesday- all students.
- The Literary Coordinator/Committee with Librarian Assistants will keep record of the readers.
- The first week of September will be observed as the Reading Week.
- Other aspects of reading programs will be reviewed by the School Administration in consultation with Literary Committee and the staff.
- The school to keep various reading materials enough for the program.
- Various literary activities must be conducted throughout the academic session to supplement the academic activities and to enhance language competency of students.
- Any teacher will be appointed as coordinator of different literary activities.
- The literary activities must be endorsed during the planning meeting.
- The report of the activities must be maintained.
Games and Sports Activities:
- In-charge for each game must be appointed during the time of job delegation to ensure smooth and timely conduct of games.
- All games in-charges headed by school sports instructor will form school games and sports committee.
- The games event must be endorsed during the planning meeting and appoint the in-charges accordingly.
- The games and sports committee must ensure timely conduct of games and sports activities in the school.
- The Annual Marathon must be conducted every year as part of games and sports activities in the school.
- The school shall focus and promote mass participation and make sure that every child participates in most of the games and sport activities.
- The activities must be planned in such a way that the students are able to practice and play.
- The Annual Sports Day shall be conducted every year to promote physical health of the students. And it must be done in the first term to enable selection of participants for the district/regional level competitions.
- The games and sports activities must include some traditional games and sports.
- Report of the activities conducted must be maintained.
- The cultural committee shall be appointed in the beginning of the year.
- The cultural committee shall ensure timely conduct of the cultural activities.
- The school shall ensure the conduct of various cultural activities.
- Boedra and Zhungdra must be taught to the students.
- Drig-Lam Nam-Zha orientation session must be ensured for both staff and students.
- The amount generated through cultural activities, if any, must be deposited in School Development Fund bank account and may be used for the intended purposes.
- The cultural club shall be formed to take care of the age-old cultural heritage at the school level and to represent school at various levels.
- Report of the activities must be maintained.
- A teacher or group of teachers will run a club based on their abilities and need of the school.
- The club coordinator(s) must make action plan and submit it to the concerned head in the beginning of the year.
- The attendance sheet or register must be maintained.
- The club coordinator(s) must submit a brief report at the end of each term.
- The school shall allocate appropriate time and duration to carry out club activities.
Socially Useful and Productive Work (SUPW):
- The SUPW must be carried out by all students and the record of the task carried out must be maintained by individual students in their diary.
- The students desiring to carry out SUPW must seek approval from teacher or non-teaching staff before doing the work.
- The teacher/non-teaching staff assigning the work must provide time frame for the assigned work and give proper rating as per criteria after verification of the work.
- The points must be provided individually for the team/ group work.
- The routine work must not be rated for the purpose of SUPW grading.
- The contributions in the form of structures must be credited by considering the complexity of the task performed.
- Concrete structure that adds significantly to the facility of school will fetch one additional grade.
- The assessment and rating must be done as soon as the task is over, and it must be the responsibility of individual students to invite concerned staff for the assessment of work and provision of ratings accordingly on time.
- The minimum grade, as detailed in the promotion criteria, must be obtained by an individual student to be promoted to next grade.
- The students failing to obtain minimum required grade ‘B’ in SUPW will have to carry out extra work in the next academic session.
- The office shall decide the point calculation criteria and intimate to the students.
- The students intending to construct structures of any kind, big or small, must apprise office prior to planning and execution of the plans.
- The annual school Kurim shall be conducted in the beginning of the academic session every year.
- All staff and students shall be engaged in the process through job delegations and participations in related activities.
- A lunch, refreshment and dinner shall be served to all students and staff on the day.
- The annual school Kurim expenditure statement must be shared to all students through appropriate medium besides detailed presentation to the staff during coordination meeting.
- The expenditure for the Kurim must not exceed the total amount collected from students and staff.
School Agriculture Program (SAP):
- The School Agriculture Program (SAP) will be carried out in houses, besides SAP club to come up with their own agricultural plots in the school campus.
- The activities related to SAP must be looked after by SAP club members and the SAP in- charge. The amount generated must be deposited in the SAP account.
- The produce from SAP related activities, unless there is surplus, must be sold to the school mess at the quoted rate. And the amount must be collected by the SAP coordinator to be handed over to the respective house parents during the award night.
- A total of 60% from the net amount accrued by houses at the end of the year must be deposited in the SAP account.
- One of the days in a week (Tuesday) must be observed as scouts’ day, and therefore, scouts should wear scarf on the day.
- The scouts in turn should coordinate the hoisting and lowering of national flag in the school.
- The scouts’ investiture ceremony for the new recruit must be conducted each year.
- All students must attend evening prayer and they must come with prayer book and Kabney / Rachu.
- The prayer on Sundays and on government holidays must be attended by boarders. But the prayers on week days must be attended by all students on alternative basis.
- A fine of Nu.20/-will be charged to the students remaining absent from prayers and will be collected by prayer coordinator.
- Keep records of collection, expenses and present during monthly coordination meeting.
- Administrative actions will be taken separately for the repeated offenders as per school discipline policy.
- The attendance register, exclusively for evening prayer, must be maintained.
- The school shall conduct ceremonial opening and closing of the evening prayer and must be attended by all staff and students.
Class Room Maintenance and Decoration:
- Inter classroom maintenance and decoration competition shall be carried out to foster conducive classroom environment.
- The assessment must be done on monthly basis using the prescribed form by concerned coordinators/ in-charges.
School Greening Program:
- The school greening activities must be carried out throughout the year to create conducive learning environment and to promote physical greenery.
- The whole school area must be divided into plots equivalent to the number of sections in the beginning of the year and assign it to different classes, based on lucky dip, for development of the sites.
- The school shall identify appropriate time and duration for school greening activities.
- The classes must take various initiatives to develop the area and bring tangible changes in the areas assigned to them.
- To keep proper track of the work progress in the area, the assessment must be done twice in a term.
- The greening activities must be supervised by the respective class teachers and co- class teachers.